Five reasons to invest in user testing (according to B Tognazzini):
- Problems are fixed before the product is shipped, not after.
- The team can concentrate on real problems, not imaginary ones.
- Engineers code instead of debating.
- Time to market is sharply reduced.
- Finally, upon first release, your sales department has a rock-solid design without having to pepper their pitches with how it will all actually work in release 1.1 or 2.0
From: Preece, J., Rogers, Y., Sharp, H. (2002), Interaction Design: Beyond Human-Computer Interaction, New York: Wiley