Widgets in different environments will have a different feature set, but the basic features are there
- a way to customise the widget
- a way to close or delete the widget
- some updating content being pulled in from a source on the web
- and a link to the widget providers homepage
- Web-based widgets, as opposed to widgets for the desktop, will also generally have a link allowing someone else to add the widget to their site in turn.
Martin Belam in
IA for tiny stuff: Exploring widgets and gadgets – Part 1/4