- Apps need an appstore, websites do not.
- Apps can make money pretty quickly, websites not so.
- Apps have great UX, websites not so.
- Apps have to be downloaded, websites work right away.
- Apps need to be updated manually, websites can be updates as much as you want without having to bug the user.
- Apps are about doing things, websites are about reference.
- Apps have great word-of-mouth, websites not so.
- Apps can speak with each other, websites not.
- Developing an app is a pain, building a website is not; in fact, prototyping a mobile website is a breeze.
Josh Clark: Mobile web vs Native Apps summarised by Johnny Holland