Before attaching the term “AI” to your product or feature idea, ask yourself:
- How is this different than just a simple algorithm?
- What exactly is this intelligence going to learn to do by itself?
- What is the user need for this “AI” feature? Can it be solved in other ways?
- What are three ways in which this intelligence will benefit users?
- Do you really need to tell users the product is “powered by AI”?
- If that’s the case, how can you communicate what “AI” is, with clarity, simplicity and trust?
- How much visibility, transparency and control will you give users about how the AI operates?
What if this time around we leapfrogged to thinking about “why” we are creating these AI-powered services and what it really means for our users?